- What is the Career Expo and what students attend?
- When and how do I receive information about the Career Expo?
- What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- How can I pay for the registration fee?
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- What are the advertising options?
- What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
- Where do I ship displays and materials for the Career Expo?
- What are the lodging options in Fargo?
- Where is the Career Expo held?
- Where can I unload my vehicle for the Career Expo?
- Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Career Expo?
- Who can I contact for help?
What is the Career Expo and what students attend?
The Career Expo is a two day event. Day one is geared toward students majoring in business, agriculture and liberal arts disciplines. Day two is geared toward students majoring in engineering, design, science and technology disciplines.
The Career Expo provides an excellent opportunity to connect with students to discuss or interview for current and/or future career-related employment and co-op/internship opportunities. Last year, over 300 employers and 1,500 students and alumni attended this event.
NDSU alumni are invited to attend this event and we also invite students from several area four-year universities. The Fair is not open to the general public.
**NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers looking to fill internships and full-time positions that require or prefer at least a four-year degree. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything except jobs may not attend. ***Third Party Recruiters may not attend this event.***
When and how do I receive information about the Career Expo?
Registration for the Career Expo begins in early November.
You will automatically receive registration information for the Career Expo if you are registered with the NDSU Career Center’s CAREERlink.
How do I register for the Career Expo?
Registration for the Career Expo will begin in early November.
**Early Bird Pricing: If you register by January 10th, the registration fee for one booth is $400. The fee after January 10th is $500.
The registration deadline is January 23rd, 2018 at 5 p.m. for both days.
If you’re wanting to register after the deadline, call (701) 231-7111 to see if space is available.
What is the registration fee, and what does it include?
– $400 early-bird registration fee through January 10th
– $500 registration fee through January 23
– $650 late registration fee after January 23 (if space is available)
If attending both days:
– $550 early-bird registration fee through December 31
– $650 registration fee through January 24
– $750 late registration fee after January 24
– 10×10 booth space and one eight-foot table (a rep must be at the booth at all times)
– registration for up to two representatives ($10 for each additional rep)
– 2 chairs
– tablecloth (limited supply available – first come/first served)
– electrical power
– wireless internet access
– Day 1: lunch/refreshments
– Day 2: morning snacks/lunch/refreshments
The registration fee must be paid by February 5, 2018 to ensure your spot at the Career Expo.
How can I pay for the registration fee?
- The registration fee may be paid by check or credit card and must be received by February 5, 2018 in order for your reps to have access to their booth.
- MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover credit cards can be used to pay the registration fee. Here is the Career Expo credit card payment form.
Checks should be made payable to:
NDSU Career Center
Attn: Career Expo
306 Ceres Hall
NDSU Dept. 2802
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
SPECIAL NOTE: If the registration fee has not been paid in full by the start of the event, the company representative checking in will be required to fill out a Credit Card Authorization Form. This form states that the NDSU Career Center is authorized to charge the credit card for the registration fee if it is not paid in full within 7 days.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Cancellation notification is appreciated so we may inform students. Refund of the registration fee (minus a $50 administrative fee) will be given for cancellations received by Tuesday, January 23 at 5 p.m. There is no refund of the registration fee for cancellations after January 23.
What are the advertising options?
- Featured Sponsor (only 6 available) includes priority booth placement at event and on mobile app, logo displayed at the event, on our website, in CAREERlink and in the campus newspaper ad: $1,000
- Electronic Ad includes logo displayed on our website, in CAREERlink and in the campus newspaper ad: $250
- Logo in campus newspaper ad: $100
The deadline for purchasing advertising is Monday, January 23 at 5 p.m.
If interested, select this option during registration and send us your logo with the following specs:
- a print quality jpg, gif or eps graphic file
- resolution should be 256 pixels x 250 pixels and 200 dpi
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
There are seven colleges at North Dakota State University.
View the NDSU Academic Majors List.
Where do I ship displays and materials for the Career Expo?
There will be a $25 fee (payable to the UPS Store) for delivery of display/materials to the Fargodome.
- REQUIRED: Contact Jeff at the UPS Store at (701) 235-9505 to arrange payment and receive the shipping address. The Career Center will coordinate the delivery of items to the Fargodome.
- Unpaid shipments will be refused by the UPS Store and not delivered to the Fargodome.
- Displays may be shipped to the UPS Store up to one week in advance of the event.
- NOTE: Any items shipped to the NDSU Career Center and/or the Fargodome will be REFUSED.
What are the lodging options in Fargo?
Hotels near NDSU:
1831 NDSU Research Park Drive
Fargo, ND 58102
*Ask for NDSU rate.
2021 16th Street North
Fargo, ND 58102
You can view a listing of hotel/motel options on the following website: Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Where is the Career Expo held?
The Career Expo will be held in the Fargodome.
1800 North University Drive
Fargo, ND 58103
See the Campus Map.
Where can I unload my vehicle for the Career Expo?
- Unloading and parking will take place at the NORTH end of the Fargodome.
- You may drive your vehicle into the loading dock entrance and drive down on the Fargodome floor.
- If you do not wish to drive your vehicle into the loading dock entrance, please walk down the loading dock to enter the Fargodome.
- Students will be available to assist in the unloading/loading process.
- Parking is FREE; no permit required.
Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Career Expo?
- Interviews after day 1 will be conducted on the upper level of the Fargodome.
- Reserving On-Campus Interview table(s) can be completed in the Employer Contact’s CAREERlink account. On the right side panel, select ‘Post a job for OCI’ to reserve your request and post the jobs that your will be recruiting for. If you have questions, please contact Bridget Kessler, 701.231.7111.
Who can I contact for help?
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact:
Amanda Booher | 701-231-7172