Cover Letter: a professional letter introducing another document; summarizes qualifications for employment and introduces a resume.
- FOCUS – Well-written professional document created for a specific company and addressed to a specific person/department/company
- BALANCE – The document must look good on a page
- 1 page
- Font size: 10-12 pt.
- Font styles: Calibri, Times New Roman, Arial
- ERROR-FREE – No exceptions
- ADDRESS POSITION REQUIREMENTS OR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – Identify skills, core attributes, experiences, etc. that show your value to the reader – what you can do for the employer
- STRONG CLOSING – Express an interest in participating in an interview to discuss your qualifications in greater detail