Employer Internship Program Information
Thank you for your interest in participating in NDSU’s Internship Program!
- Intern is supervised by an assigned supervisor who will complete a brief end-of-term evaluation of intern
- Intern is paid ND minimum wage (currently $7.25) or higher
- Internship tasks are professional and relevant to intern’s area of study or targeted career
- Intern is covered under employer’s worker’s compensation insurance
Position description checklist:
- Position title, department name, and organization name?
- Position’s learning objectives and goals?
- Comprehensive list of duties to be performed (8-20 bullets)?
- What skills or knowledge is transferable to other employment settings?
- What position will be supervising the intern/employee, and what are his/her professional qualifications?
- What mechanisms will be used by the supervisor for providing frequent feedback to the intern/employee?
- What resources, equipment, and facilities will be provided by the employer to support the intern/employee in achieving the learning objectives and goals?
- Minimum qualifications?
- Preferred qualifications?
- Start date?
- End date?
- Time requirement in terms of hours per week?
- Salary amount?
- Covered on employer’s worker’s compensation insurance?
How to post internship positions:
- Register on CAREERlink. Process is easy and fast.
- Career Center will send you an email approving your organization and will provide you with login information.
- Submit an internship posting in CAREERlink.
For technical questions about NDSU’s Internship Program, contact Emmanuel Jinor, Internship Program Specialist, at 701.231.7856
For general questions about how to host an intern if new to NDSU’s Internship Program, contact Allison Goossens, Internship Manager, at 701.231.7112