Engineering & Tech Expo FAQ’s
- What is the Engineering & Tech Expo, and what students attend?
- When and how do I receive information about the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- How do I register for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- How can I pay for the registration fee?
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- What are the advertising options?
- What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
- Where do I ship displays and materials for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- What are the lodging options in Fargo?
- Where can I unload my vehicle for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- Who can I contact for help?
What is the Engineering & Tech Expo and what students attend?
The Engineering & Tech Expo is an annual event attended by students in engineering and technology majors. NDSU alumni are welcome to attend the Expo as well. We also invite students from the Minnesota State University Moorhead Construction Management and Industrial Technology departments. The Expo is not open to the general public.
The expo provides an excellent opportunity to connect with students to discuss or interview for current and/or future career-related employment and co-op/internship opportunities. Last year, 221 employers and 1,752 students and alumni attended this event.
NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers of college interns and grads. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything except jobs may not attend.
When and how do I receive information about the Career Expo?
You will automatically receive registration information by email for the Engineering & Tech Expo if you are registered with the NDSU Career Center and have recruited engineering and/or tech majors. If you are not sure if you are registered, please contact Karen Jevning at email@example.com.
How do I register for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
Registration for the Engineering & Tech Expo will begin in early May.
**Early Bird Pricing: If you register by August 15, the registration fee is $400. The fee after August 15 is $500.
Registration deadline is 5 p.m. (central time), September 12, 2017.
If wanting to register after the deadline, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list. Please note the late registration fee $650. No exceptions.
NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers of college interns and grads. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything but jobs may not attend.
***Third Party Recruiters may not attend this event.***
What is the registration fee, and what does it include?
Registration fee for the Engineering & Tech Expo:
- $400 early-bird through August 15
- $500 normal fee through September 12
- $650 late registration fee after September 12 (if space is available)
If also attending the Agriculture & Agribusiness Career Expo the day before:
- $550 early-bird through August 15
- $650 normal fee through September 12
- $750 late registration fee after September 12 (if space is available)
- 10×10 booth space and one eight-foot table (booth must be manned at all times)
- registration for up to two representatives ($10 for each additional rep)
- 2 chairs
- tablecloth (limited supply available – first come/first serve)
- electrical power
- wireless internet access
- light breakfast/lunch/refreshments
The registration fee must be paid by September 27 to ensure your spot at the expo.
How can I pay for the registration fee?
The registration fee may be paid by check or credit card and must be received by September 27 to reserve your booth space.
Checks should be made payable to NDSU Career Center and mailed to:
NDSU Career Center
Attn: Engineering & Tech Expo
306 Ceres Hall
NDSU Dept 5280
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover credit cards can be used to pay the registration fee.
Engineering & Tech Expo Credit Card Payment Form
SPECIAL NOTE: If the registration fee has not been paid in full by the start of the event, the company representative checking-in will be required to pay with a credit card.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Engineering & Tech Expo: Cancellation notification is appreciated so we may inform students. Refund of the registration fee (MINUS a $50 administrative fee) will be given for cancellations received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. There is no refund of the registration fee for cancellations after September 12, 2017.
What are the advertising options?
- Featured Sponsor – only 10 available ($1,000): Priority booth placement at event & on mobile app, logo displayed at the event, on our website, in CAREERlink and included in the campus newspaper ad
- Electronic + Newspaper Ad ($250): Logo displayed on our website, in CAREERlink and included in the campus newspaper ad
- Newspaper Ad ($100): Logo will be included in the campus newspaper ad
The deadline for purchasing an ad is Tuesday, September 12 at 5 p.m.
If interested, select this option during registration and send us your logo with the following specs:
- A print quality jpg, gif, or eps graphic file
- Resolution should be 256 pixels x 250 pixels and 200 dpi
Email to email@example.com by September 12.
What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
NDSU houses 7 distinct colleges with a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs.
Where do I ship displays and materials for the Career Expo?
There will be a $25 fee (payable to The UPS Store) for delivery of display/materials to the Fargodome.
- Contact Jeff, The UPS Store at 701-235-9505 to arrange payment and receive shipping address.
- UNPAID SHIPMENTS WILL BE REFUSED by the UPS Store and not be delivered to the Fargodome.
- Displays may be shipped up to one week in advance of the event to the UPS Store.
NOTE: The NDSU Career Center and/or the Fargodome will not accept displays/materials.
What are the lodging options in Fargo?
Hotels near NDSU:
1831 NDSU Research Park Drive
Fargo, ND 58102
*Ask for NDSU rate.
2021 16th Street North
Fargo, ND 58102
You can view a listing of hotel/motel options on the following website: Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Where can I unload my vehicle for the Career Expo?
- Unloading and parking will take place at the NORTH end of the Fargodome
- You may drive your vehicle into the loading dock entrance and drive down on the Fargodome floor
- Students will be available to assist in the unloading/loading process
- Parking is FREE; no permit required
Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Career Expo?
- Interviews for the Engineering & Tech Expo will be conducted on the upper level of the Fargodome on Thursday, September 28.To reserve interview table(s), contact Bridget Kessler, Employer Relations Specialist, at 701.231.7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also indicate your interviewing preferences on the registration form.
Who can I contact for help?
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact: