The Internship Program facilitates experiential learning opportunities for students that integrate classroom knowledge with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Students get a chance to test drive jobs and organizations, earn academic credit, possibly earn money, develop skills, reflect on learning, engage in professional practice, receive supervisory guidance, expand social and professional networks, and build résumés. Employers gain from student interns in many ways, including student labor and vitality, increased social capital, access to expertise from students and their faculty advisors, talent recruitment opportunities, and publicity.
How Students Can Register for Internship Credit
- Log into CAREERlink using your Electronic ID (first part of your email address) and password
- Click “My Account” on left navigation bar, then click “Co-op/Internship”
- Click “Add New Experience” and read message about the Internship Program
- Fill in form fields and click “Submit”
- Career Center will review your Co-op/Internship form and contact you with further information
Registering by appointment:
- Log into SSC using your Blackboard login information
- Select “Schedule an Advising Appointment” in upper-right corner
- Choose “Career Services” and select “Internship Registration” as the reason for appointment
- Select a location, an advisor to meet with, and a time
- A confirmation email with be sent to you containing appointment details
- Please bring Internship Record information to your appointment
More information about internships can be found on our Student Information page.
If you have trouble registering online, please contact us at 701.231.7111.