Interview: a professional meeting to evaluate the qualifications of a prospective employee
- BE PROFESSIONAL – Dress appropriately and arrive 10-15 minutes early to the interview. Remember that the interview starts the moment you arrive on site. Come prepared with extra resumes and questions to ask the employer.
- RESEARCH THE COMPANY – Take time to research the company before your interview. Also, be able to tell the recruiter why you want the particular job or how you fit the job description.
- USE THE STAR METHOD – Use specific examples when responding using Situation/Task, Action, Result.
- EYE CONTACT & NON-VERBALS – Make eye contact with each member of the interview panel.
- FOLLOW-UP – Send a thank-you note to every member of the interview panel within 24 hours.