The Career Center’s Vision is that every student would have classroom-integrated career education, professional connections, and field experience prior to graduation–contributing to a strong NDSU reputation of cultivating highly employable graduates.
The Career Center’s Mission is to prepare students for maximum employability beginning year one and continuing through graduation by catalyzing a career everywhere ecosystem connecting students, alumni, faculty, staff, and organizations for the benefit of all involved.
The Career Center’s Brand Purpose is to inspire students to reach their full potential.
- Career Everywhere
The Career Center will fulfill its mission by:
- Serving as the institution’s primary, centralized career resource center
- Instructing students and alumni in career-related essentials
- Partnering with faculty, staff, academic departments and employers to provide relevant and appropriate employment information
- Providing employment-centered activities, programs and resources
- Staying abreast of current technical advances that impact career search
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students who actively engage with the Career Center will:
- Increase their knowledge of career-related skills and confidence necessary to achieve their career goals
- Demonstrate awareness of using career-related skills and techniques towards their post graduate goals
- Identify opportunities to gain career-related experience outside of the classroom prior to graduation
- Develop professional connections on and off campus
Student Fee: The Career Center receives $22 from each full-time student per semester through tuition fees (pro-rated for part-time students). This investment covers a portion of the Career Center’s staffing and operating expenses that help prepare students for maximum employability through career advising appointments, classroom teaching, career events, technology, and salaries/benefits for select staff members.