The NDSU Career Center is the centralized career service for the university. We are committed to building valuable employer relationships by providing the following recruiting services to registered employers:
- Determine the interview date(s)
- Contact us at least 4 weeks prior to interview date(s) to allow for promotion to students
- To schedule on-campus interviews, log-on to NDSU CAREERlink. Click on Post a job for On-Campus Interviews (OCI), which includes the following:
- Choose pre-select or open schedule(s)
- Select interview type(s) for full-time, permanent or co-op/intern positions
- Include all appropriate NDSU majors to ensure a wide variety of qualified applicants
- Include job description(s) for each schedule request
- A confirmation letter will be sent as soon as all details are finalized
- Monitor your interview schedule(s) throughout the process and adhere to timeline(s) for pre-selecting candidates
Interactive Videoconference Interviews are also available. These can minimize the expenses of travel and lodging and maximize your time.
Contact Employer Relations Team: email@example.com for additional assistance.
Employer Presentations are an informal introduction to your company that will allow recruiters to network with students and familiarize them with available positions. All sessions are held in the NDSU Memorial Union or NDSU Alumni Center and are scheduled by the Career Center.
A successful Employer Presentation includes the following:
- An enthusiastic 20-minute presentation with Q&A afterwards
- Verbal, video, DVD or PowerPoint presentations
- Food and refreshments (always appreciated by students)
- Pizza, sub sandwiches, cookies or sodas are some options
These sessions should be scheduled several weeks in advance in order to advertise to students and faculty. Employers are billed for the food and refreshments.
Contact Employer Relations Team: firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
The Career Center hosts several career fairs/career expos during fall and spring semesters. To receive an invitation to any of these recruiting events, be sure you are an approved employer in CAREERlink, our recruiting system.
Your company representatives may wish to arrange lunch on campus with faculty members in targeted majors. NDSU faculty welcome direct contact with employers in business, industry, government and education. Our office can help you schedule these luncheons to bring about a successful meeting. If you are interested in a particular academic program, we can provide you with the proper contact information for individual meetings as well.
Some faculty will allow employers to speak briefly in their classrooms regarding opportunities. Our office can provide you with contact information.
NDSU has nearly 300 student organizations. Connecting with student leaders in these organizations is a great way to enhance your visibility on-campus.